We are searching for a passionate and enthusiastic Guest Experience Coordinator to join our dynamic, high-energy Hospitality and Events team at Benziger and Imagery wineries.
Reporting to the Events Manager, the Guest Experience Coordinator is responsible for providing exceptional hospitality and memorable guest experiences by welcoming and directing guests, introducing winery offerings to include tastings and visitation policies, taking, and fulfilling reservations, guiding guests to/from experiences, and assisting execution and supervision of onsite Special Events. Excellent communication, customer service skills and a positive attitude are critical in this highly visible position.
- Point of contact for all guest interactions to include greeting in-person or via telephone, responding to inquiries, executing daily reservations, processing ticket sales, and at special events to ensure the best guest experience possible
- Screen and respond to email and phone calls related to Guest Services, including but not limited to making reservations, answering general questions, coordinating wine order pickups, relaying company policies, etc.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service
- Work collaboratively with Hospitality and Events and Tasting Room teams to organize and manage reservations for the daily customer experience
- Utilize Hospitality calendar and internal cross-functional contact list to provide timely customer service
- Ability to multi-task to efficiently and effectively open and close Guest Services; processing reservations, answering voice messages, deposits, organizing information and preparing for the next day’s business
- Utilize POS and reservation systems to manage high volume tour and elevated experience transactions. Possess a high level of integrity for performing sales transactions
- Collaborate with Guest Services team members to adhere to reservation policies with assistance from the Events Manager and Sr. Hospitality and Events Manager
- Upsell tasting and tour experiences
- Serve as point of contact for team members and vendors during special events to ensure fluidity of timeline and flow
- Address event-related challenges as they arise to ensure guest satisfaction and efficiencies
- Serve and educate guests about our wines, history of the winery and sell wines and wine club memberships during tastings, tours, lunch, or dinner service
- Assist with set-up and break down of special events, including movement of tables, chairs, glassware, wines, and umbrellas to different event locations onsite
- Assist in organization and routine cleaning of indoor and outdoor event spaces, onsite kitchens, and employee breakroom, to include dusting, garbage removal, running dishwasher, buffing wine glasses and other related duties to ensure areas are presentable for our patrons and staff
- Opening and closing events venues
- Assist with packaging and delivering wine order pick-ups
- Assist with tracking wine samples and rental inventory
- Assist with data entry within Hospitality systems such as Gather, eCellar etc.
- Maintain a professional and welcoming office environment and perform office support functions, as needed, e.g., filing, copying, mailing, supply orders, etc.
- Follow safety policies and procedures for department as well as winery safety protocols
- Proactively identify opportunities/challenges and with a focus on process improvement to create efficiencies and enhance the guest experience
- Maintain a professional appearance, while adhering to dress code
- Use excellent organization skills to manage workflows and balance shifting priorities
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality of work, as well as superior organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two years’ experience in a premium winery tasting room, hospitality setting and/or retail sales position preferred
- Must be available to work weekends, special events and holidays
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn POS and reservation systems
- Superior customer service skills and service driven approach
- Strong attention to detail, excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Contribute as a team player, working with other associates to reach monthly and daily sales goals
- Always maintain a professional appearance representative of the winery
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, follow-up, and work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Pro-active and thorough in completing tasks and pursuing new assignments
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Demonstrated reliability, punctuality, and adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- Must be able to lift to 50 lbs.
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting banquet tables and cases of wine
- Must be able to travel between facilities
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.