The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 12 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we thrive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery. We are a successful company looking to employ talented individuals on our team who are self-motivated, positive and energetic. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
The Tasting Room Sales Associate will be supporting up to two winery properties in Glen Ellen, CA. The Tasting Room Sales Associate is responsible for creating a memorable wine and customer service experience at our captivating properties while maximizing wine sales and enlisting new club members. This is a part-time position, with up to 30 hours per week, with preferably 3-4 days worked. At least 1 weekend day is required.
- Provide excellent customer service in all areas
- Create and execute an exclusive experience for each customer: confidently and knowledgably speak to wines, varietals, winemaking/viticulture practices, growing areas, winery and history
- Promote the sale of wine and non-wine products sold in the Tasting Room, and drive new memberships to the Wine Club
- Strong focus on closing sales and up-selling is crucial
- Collect names and email addresses for future contact
- Learn POS systems and manage high volume wine and merchandise transactions. Possess a high level of integrity for performing sales transactions
- Accountable for tracking wine and retail inventory
- Stock supplies, maintain displays in retail areas
- Assist with events: execute timeline, manage closing and securing of the venue concluding events
- Must be 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- 2+ years’ experience in a premium winery tasting room, hospitality setting and/or retail sales position
- Must be flexible/available to work most weekends, special events and holidays
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Enthusiasm for wine and interest in expanding expertise
- Superior customer service skills and service driven
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Friendly, positive and professional disposition when dealing with guests, vendors and team members
- Be a team player, working with other sales associates to reach monthly and daily sales goals
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, follow-up and work in a fast pace environment under pressure
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Pro-active and thorough in completing existing tasks and pursuing new assignments
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Demonstrated reliability, punctuality, and adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry weights of up to 40 pounds at varying frequencies
- Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to, lift trucks, hand trucks, dishwashers etc.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
The Wine Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please apply here: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=TWGLLC&cws=37&rid=2711&source=srjobs