Job Title: Behavior Specialist
Location:Santa Rosa /Field
Reports to Title: Regional Director Division/Department: Field
Type of position: Part-time Hours15 / week Non-exempt
Who are we?
The Center for Social Dynamics (CSD) is an organization providing services to those with developmental delays, including autism. Our mission is to open a world of possibilities for individuals with Autism and other developmental needs through science, compassion, and humility.
We are grounded in our values of Transparency, Respect, Understanding,& Excellence, which guide our efforts as a respected& growing employer and industry leader. Our people and programs deliver personalized, professional, evidence-based behavioral and developmental services to each participant, and peace of mind to caregivers that their loved ones are in the right hands.
Whats a Behavior Specialist? Its more than a job, its a calling. Its an opportunity to begin a new career where you can have an impact on a childs life through teaching, learning and playing. You will find joy in small victories and be resilient in the face of setbacks all in a days work.
We will teach you to use the strategies of Applied Behavior Analysis to work with clients who have development delays, such as Autism. A Behavior Specialist provides direct 1:1 therapy for teaching life skills and behavior reduction to those with Autism in a gentle, center or home-based environment
Whats in it for you?
Starting as a part-time opportunity, you will have an opportunity to grow your career in this purpose-filled industry where you can see results every day. Benefits include:
- Competitive, market pay based on experience, location, and skills
- Bonus eligibility
- Medical benefits - eligible after working 30+ hours/week consistently over a six-month period
- Paid drive time and mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off (PTO)
- CSD issued cell phone
- Tuition reduction program - In-House ABA Program - National University for Bachelors and Masters degrees
What your role is:
- Have fun with our clients while teaching them the skills that they need!
- Implement individualized programs for children and young adults based on behavioral analysis principles that increase communication, self-help, social and play skills
- Manage inappropriate behaviors that occur through the implementation of Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs) and support from your clinical team
- Capture thorough notes using a tablet/mobile device to manage the child's progress
- Facilitate interactions with peers, coworkers, and families
- Keep the children motivated to learn through positive reinforcement and fun play-based therapy
Whats required from you?
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Flexible availability - high demand for time Monday through Thursday from 3-7:30 pm
- Complete new hire training conducted online and in person. All training time is paid.
- Proof of vaccinations (MMR, Varicella, and COVID California mandated)
- Reliable transportation required
- A background check
- Frequent bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, twisting to observe, assess and interact with infants/toddlers (50%).
- Frequent speaking and listening (50%) to clients, staff, and other professionals in-meetings and on-the-phone.
- Occasional walking to, bending to enter, sitting, and using upper and lower limbs to drive car to-and-from home visits and meetings (20%).
- Occasional sitting and maintaining close visual attention to write reports and perform computer work (15%).
- Occasional lifting, carrying, and loading/unloading of toys and materials used in home visits (10%).